My tribute to Sir Terry Wogan

Former veteran BBC Radio 2 presenter and DJ, Sir Terry Wogan, sadly died earlier today. I first heard the news whilst at Sunday Mass.

Throughout his 50 years in broadcasting both in Ireland and Britain, Sir Terry was known for hosting such things as Children In Need, Wake Up Wogan, and even Eurovision on occasions (these were before I was born, however).

Having listened to Wake Up Wogan and that once-famous jingle as a child, I will always remember his smooth and warm presenting style and the various songs from all eras that were played on Radio 2 during his time on air. And so, farewell-BBC radio just will not be the same without him.

In memory of Michael Terence Wogan, broadcaster and presenter, born 3 August 1938, who departed this life on 31 January 2016, aged 77 years.





Comments

  1. I haven't heard or listened to any news today, so thank you Alan you brought me sad news- but glad he is at peace. - I'm sure the EBU and Eurovision team will have a tribute to him this year in Sweden. He will be missed he was a very liked broadcaster. - I remember listening to his Radio 2 show going on holiday in 1979. And watching him on Blankety Blank and this lesser known show "Whats on Wogan" about the weeks TV.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My analysis of the Swedish general election of 2022

On the 2020 Serbian election: Why a boycott will only worsen things there

On the Croatian parliamentary election of 2020