My recommendations at Green Party conference

I am heading off to the Autumn 2014 Green Party conference in Birmingham tomorrow morning. I will be leaving by coach from London Victoria coach station at 9 am sharp tomorrow to reach the conference in Birmingham by midday.

Now the final timetable has been confirmed, here are my personal recommendations for Green Party conference fringes that I believe you should attend:

Any day: If you are a conference first-timer, please attend at least one of the conference first-timer sessions, the earlier the better.

Friday: General election training session at 6.30 pm, Adrian Cadbury room-especially if you are a prospective parliamentary candidate.

Saturday: Green Party Disability Group relaunch, 2.30 pm, Conference 3.
Of the 6.15 pm fringes, I recommend either the anti-TTIP fringe or the fringe on everyday sexism, which are in rooms Conference 1A/B/C and Room 145 respectively.

And of course, please come to our conference quiz at 8 pm if you can :)

Sunday: A Green Voice-Meet Your MEPs, 9.15 am, conference 1A/B/C (unless you prefer the C motion workshops)

Any of the hustings for committees at conference.

Writing the 2015 general election manifesto-12.30 pm, Great Hall.

Get Organised! Getting a new generation unionised and organised-5.30 pm, Conference 1A.

And please come to our Open Mic Night at the Gosta Green pub at 9 pm-I will be one of the performers.

On another note, I will be standing for re-election to the Green Party's Equalities and Diversity Committee, which I have been on since March this year-please vote for me and help ensure that my hard work on the topics of disability and mental health can be continued so that we can continue to be a diverse and progressive party.

Kind regards, Alan.



 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My analysis of the Swedish general election of 2022

On the 2020 Serbian election: Why a boycott will only worsen things there

On the Spanish regional elections of 2023-a warning for progressives