My short tribute to Phil Everly

Phil Everly, half of the once-famous duo the Everly Brothers, has sadly died.

I give my tributes to him for his great work in the early stages of the popular music era, and in particular his love song, 'All I Have To Do Is Dream', which in my opinion is one of the most romantic songs ever created in pop music.

Furthermore, he and his brother Don (who is still alive) managed 19 top 40 hits during their active years and importantly proved an inspiration for many great bands of the 1960s, notably including the Beatles, Beach Boys, and the Byrds, and future pop musicians. Although the duo split up 40 years ago, their songs are still remembered today.

Thus, I give my thanks and farewell to him.

In memory of Phillip Everly, born 19 January 1939, blues and country musician, who departed this life 3 January 2014, aged 74 years.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My analysis of the Swedish general election of 2022

On the 2020 Serbian election: Why a boycott will only worsen things there

On the Spanish regional elections of 2023-a warning for progressives